VIKING Quick Change
Household water filter
Intended purpose of water filter
“VIKING Quick Change” domestic water filtration system is intended for post-treatment of drinking tap water to reduce mechanical impurities, active chlorine, organic contaminants, heavy metals and other contaminants. The multi-stage system ensures highly effective treatment throughout the service life of the replaceable filter elements. “VIKING Quick Change” water filter is easy to install under the sink. It is completed with everything needed for you to install it. The set includes an elegant filtered water faucet. “VIKING Quick Change” can operate twenty-four hours a day. VIKING Quick is intended for post-treatment of tap water only from centralized water utilities. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
|Number of treatment stages||1|
|Maximum permissible water pressure at the inlet, atm||7|
|Temperature of treated water, °C||+5...+35|
|Optimum flow of filtered water from the faucet, L/min ||1|
|Service life of the filter element, L||4 500*|
|Overall dimensions of water filter assembly (WхDхH), mm||105x85x364|
* The service life may vary from that shown depending on the level of inlet water contamination.
Water Filter Kit
|1||Filter housing (fastening unit for the filter elements)||1|
|2||Replaceable filter element||1|
|3||Filtered water faucet with gaskets, washers and nut||1|
|4||Connecting plastic tube (white), 1m||2|
|5||Template sticker for easy filter installation||1|
|6||Fitting for filtered water faucet||1|
|8||Ball valve for connection to water main||1|
|9||Self-tapping screws for filtration system wall attachment||2|
VIKING Quick System Installation
Before installation please read the instructions carefully and study the filtration system connection diagram. Check that all the required parts are present in the set. First, decide where you are going to hang the filtration system under the sink, as well as where you plan to install the filtered water faucet to ensure maximum convenience in daily use. The filtration system should be hung on the wall using the screws leaving at least 1 cm of clearance below the assembled system. Ensure that the filtration system and the connecting plastic tubes do not come into contact with hot water pipes.
Filtration System Installation Process
Before beginning the installation of the water filter close the ball valve at the cold water main inlet, and then open cold water cock of the mixing faucet, to bleed pressure out of the pipe.
1. INSTALLING THE FAUCET
- Choose a place to install the faucet where it will be convenient to use it, but which also leaves enough space under the sink to fasten and connect the faucet.
- Drill a hole 12 mm in diameter.
- Install faucet. Tighten the nut (See Figure 1).
- Screw on the straight fitting.
Safety glasses and a respirator are recommended for this process, as it may produce dust that can cause severe irritation if it is inhaled or comes in contact with eyes.
DO NOT DRILL THROUGH AN ALL-PORCELAIN OR CAST IRON SINK. If installing on an all-porcelain or cast iron sink, the faucet must be mounted in a pre-drilled sprayer hole or through the countertop next to the sink. If the countertop must be drilled, make certain that the area below the drilling location is free of wiring and pipes. Also, make sure that there is sufficient room to make the proper connections to the bottom of the faucet mount. DO NOT DRILL THROUGH COUNTER TOPS MORE THAN 12 mm IN DIAMETER OR COUNTERTOPS MADE OF TILE, MARBLE, GRANITE OR SIMILAR SUBSTANCE. Consult with a plumber or the countertop manufacturer for assistance.
2. INSTALLING THE ADAPTER
- Turn the ball valve on to the cold water main (Figure 2).
- Disconnect the kitchen mixing faucet from the cold-water inlet tube.
- Screw the inlet tube onto the ball valve.
3. PREPARE AREA FOR HANGING
- Chose a place under the sink to hang the filter. Bear in mind that the filter needs to be connected to the ball valve (water feed) and to the filtered water faucet. For this the filter comes with two plastic tubes, each 1 m long.
- Affix the template sticker to the chosen spot for hanging the filter thus so the height from the lower edge of the sticker to the surface under the filter is at least 32 cm (Figure 3).
- Drive the self-tapping screws into the points shown on the template.
- Hang the filter housing (the rack holding the filter elements) on the screwed-in self-tapping screws.
- Unscrew the nut from the ball valve and put it on the plastic tube (Figure 4.1).
- Apply force, pull the tube onto the ball valve and tighten the nut (Figure 4.2).
- Push the other end of the plastic tube as far as it will go into the fitting on the inlet (marked with “IN”) on filtration system housing. For proper installation, the tube must be 17 mm deep in fitting (for all fittings) (Figure 4.3).
- Push one end of another white plastic tube as far as it will go into the straight fitting of the filtered water faucet (Figure 4.4).
- Push the other end of this second white plastic tube as far as it will go into the outlet fitting (marked with “OUT”) in the filtration system housing (Figure 4.5).
5. INSTALLING THE FILTER ELEMENTS
- Install the new filter element by inserting it into the filter head and turning it clockwise 90° till you hear a distinctive click and the triangular markings match on the filter element and its holder (Figure 5.1 and Figure 5.2).
- Ensure that the triangular pointer at the top of the filter element matches with the same symbol on the filter element holder (Figure 5.3).
Start of work with “VIKING Quick Change”
Before using “VIKING Quick Change”:
- Check that the filtration system is properly connected in accordance with the diagram on page 5 of this Manual.
- Ensure that the ball valve is shut off.
- Turn on the filtered water faucet.
- Open the valve to the cold water main.
- Open the ball valve. For a few minutes the filtration system will fill with water before it comes out of the filtered water faucet*.
- Using the ball valve, set the optimum water flow in accordance with the technical characteristics of the filtration system**.
- Turn off the filtered water faucet.
- Ensure there are no leaks. If needed, tighten the connections and make sure that the plastic tubes are properly installed in the fittings.
- Turn on the filtered water faucet and flush 10 litres of water through the system to rinse the filter elements.
During the first week of use, check the filtration system daily to find any leaks. Tighten the connections as needed.
Replacement filter element
“VIKING Quick Change”: A unique filtration mixture shows high efficacy in reducing chlorine and chlorination by-products, petrochemicals, heavy and toxic metals, unpleasant taste and odor throughout the service life of the filter element.
The Water Filter Set includes filter elements made of the most effective materials and components. Nevertheless the service life of the filter elements is limited and for the system to continue treating the water at the same level of efficiency, the elements must be replaced in due time.
For VIKING Quick Filter Element Replacement:
- Close the ball valve at the filter inlet.
- Turn on the filtered water faucet to bleed pressure off the water filtration system then close the faucet.
- Dismantle the filter element by turning it counter-clockwise by 90° and withdrawing it from the filter head.
- Install the new filter element by inserting it into the filter head and turning it clockwise 90° till you hear a distinctive click and the triangular markings on the filter element and its holder match.
- Ensure that the triangular pointer at the top of the filter element lines up with the same symbol on the filter element holder.
- Open the filtered water faucet.
- Open the valve at the inlet to the water filter.
- After the water filter fills with water and water comes out of the faucet, close the faucet tap.
- Ensure there are no leaks, and if needed, tighten the connections and ensure the plastic tubes are properly installed in the fittings.
- Turn on the filtered water faucet.
- Set the optimum water flow by adjusting the ball valve in accordance with the technical characteristics of the water filter.
- Flush the system with 10 litres of water to rinse the filter elements.
- Use “VIKING Quick Change” only for intended purpose.
- Keep the water filter clean and protect it from shock and other mechanical damage.
- Prevent excessive strain or bending of the plastic tubing.
- Do not allow the water filter or plastic tubing to come into contact with hot water pipes.
- Do not allow the water in the filter and filter elements to freeze.
- When leaving the water filter unused for extended periods (over 2 days), we recommend shutting off the ball valve at the inlet to the water filter. Before using again, flush the system with at least 10 litres of water.
The manufacturer guarantees the correct operation of the water filter for a period of 12 months from the date of sale. The service life of the elbow attachment is 5 years. The buyer is entitled to lay claims to the manufacturer (seller) in accordance with Article 18 of the RF Law “On Protecting Consumer Rights” in the event that flaws are discovered within the warranty period. The Manufacturer is exempt from responsibility in the cases provided for in Article 18, Paragraph 2, Clause 6 of the RF Law “On Protecting Consumer Rights”.
- Store at temperature from –25 °С to +40 °С.
- The service life of the water filter (not including the replaceable filter elements) is 5 years.
- The manufacturer retains the right to introduce changes to the design of the water filter that do not worsen its performance.